Yes, UK telephone numbers starting with 0800 are always free to call regardless of whether you are on a landline or mobile handset. Nor will your inclusive minutes be used up when phoning these lines, hence they are referred to as freephone numbers.
Freephone numbers beginning with either an 0800 or 0808 prefix are always free to call from UK landline and mobile telephones. Furthermore unlike calling local 01 and 02 numbers you will not lose any inclusive minutes from your balance when calling 0800 numbers, making them fully free of charge. However please be aware that calls to these numbers from outside the UK are unlikely to be free, with the exact rate dependent on which country you phone from. Likewise calls to 0800 numbers made from public payphones may not be accepted.
Further details on calling 0800 numbers on UK networks
- EE: Information on the cost of calling 0800 numbers on EE
– EE is one of the UK’s most popular mobile phone networks, formed by a merger of Orange and T-Mobile, and more recently acquired by BT to form the UK’s leading retailer of telephone network service provision.
- O2: Information about the cost of phoning 0800 freephone numbers on O2
– O2 is hot on the heels of EE as one of the UK’s leading mobile phone networks.
- Vodafone: Information regarding any costs associated with calling 0800 numbers on Vodafone
– Vodafone is another of the leading mobile phone networks in the UK, also very popular in other European countries such as Spain.
- Virgin Mobile: How expensive it is to phone 0800 numbers on Virgin Mobile
– Virgin Mobile is the mobile phone wing of Virgin Media which competes closely with Sky, BT and TalkTalk to be one of the leading broadband internet service providers in the UK (while also offering TV, home phone and mobile phone packages).
- Three: 0800 number call costs for Three Mobile customers
– Three is another major UK mobile phone network.
- BT Mobile: A guide for BT customers about the cost of calling freephone 0800 numbers
– BT is the UK’s most popular landline service provider, naturally, as they ultimately look after all the lines and phone numbers in the country while other companies only resell their services.
- Tesco Mobile: The cost of phoning 0800 numbers on Tesco Mobile
– Tesco is the UK’s biggest retailer – its main supermarket and like Asda they offer their own ranges of clothing, financial products and mobile phones too.
- Sky: Call costs for calling 0800 numbers via Sky
– Sky is the UK’s leading combined digital TV & broadband internet service provider, in close competition with BT & Virgin Media on all fronts but well known for their superior TV offering.